advice on final ad lib measure

From: Xavier Noria
Subject: advice on final ad lib measure
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:51:47 +0200

I am transcribing the saxophone part of a theme of Dave Brubeck:

    The Dave Brubeck Quartet – Five For Ten Small Fingers

The last "measure" is played ad lib. The way they play suggests eights to me to choose a notation, but they do not look well within the 5/4 tempo (see screenshot).

Which notation would you suggest there? Is there a way to tell Lilypond "from here to the last bar this is free do not automatically add measure bars". Or would you write that in a different way?