Re: \layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber } ?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: \layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber } ?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 08:04:00 +0200

Am 24.08.2014 um 22:17 schrieb BB:
In lots of example code I found the line

\layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber }

If I omit it (i. e. make he line a comment or delete it) there happens -
nothing!

Do you actually have any string numbers in your music?
A tiny working bit of code would make it easier for the list to help you there ...

I use \omit StringNumber in cases where I have normal and tablature staves in combination, because the tablature shows on which string a note is played, so a StringNmber indication is redundant and clutters the output.

HTH a bit,

Marc

That makes me curious. To my regret I cannot find any explanation in the
documentation.

Please, can anyone solve that miracle?

Regards