Fwd: Re: \layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber } ?

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Fwd: Re: \layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber } ?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:56:00 +0200

Forwarding to -user ...

Betreff:        Re: \layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber } ?
Datum:  Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:22:28 +0200
Von:    BB <address@hidden>
An:     address@hidden

You posted the answer to the list only, not to me, so I can answer only
personally to you. (Or say I do not know how to answer to the thread in
teh list.)

Thank you for clarifying my question!

I understand now how

\layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber }

is helpful.

I think it would make sense to add this in the manual in the Chapter
about "Seitennummerbezeichnung"
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings)
in the english version "String number indications"
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings.html)

A simple Example I made clear the function of
\layout { \omit Voice.StringNumber }
to myself:

\version "2.18.0"

#(set-global-staff-size 28)