would 'gn' for G-natural be useful in \language "english" ?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: would 'gn' for G-natural be useful in \language "english" ?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:41:24 -0700

Dear user list,
  The suggestion quoted below from the bug-lilypond list
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2014-08/msg00037.html>
makes sense to me, as an addition to the \language "english"  note-names.

It would not fit in German-style pitch-names, where 'cis' and 'ces' get
completely distinct names from 'c'.
I am not sure if something similar makes sense in fixed-do naming as used in
French and Spanish.

Would anyone else like to see 'fn' as a second way to express F-natural in
English (in addition to the existing 'f') ?

David Winfrey <> writes:

A new accidental for entering natural notes would be useful.
In English, this would be 'n', as in 'bn4' or 'gn2'.
These would have exactly the same effect as 'b4' or 'g2',
but would be easier to debug.
If the user is entering or editing music in the key of F,
or some other key where B is normally flat, it is often
not clear if 'b4' was intended to be B-natural, or if
someone just forgot to flat it.
If the note is written as 'bn4', the note was clearly
meant to be B-natural.