Re: Qsynth/Fluidsynt output on MacBook/Kubuntu

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Qsynth/Fluidsynt output on MacBook/Kubuntu
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:56:18 -0700 (PDT)

Guy Stalnaker-2 wrote
> So, two questions -- has anyone had a similar Linux experience where
> system
> audio is fine, but Fluidsynth output is not? Second question is whether
> one
> can use Timidity (in its server mode ) with Frescobaldi for midi output?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Guy Stalnaker

> jimmyg521@

Hi Guy,

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but perhaps someone else will come
along with more to offer but...

Have you tried using Rumor with Frescobaldi (MIDI)? That works pretty sweet
from my experience, MIDI, etc. --> (at first I had major headaches using
Ubuntu, but once I distro-hopped, all was well)

Rumor:
http://www.frescobaldi.org/uguide-1/entering
https://launchpad.net/rumor/+milestone/1.0.5

Good luck!