Re: Qsynth/Fluidsynt output on MacBook/Kubuntu

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Qsynth/Fluidsynt output on MacBook/Kubuntu
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 11:03:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, SoundsFromSound wrote:

Have you tried using Rumor with Frescobaldi (MIDI)? That works pretty sweet
from my experience, MIDI, etc. --> (at first I had major headaches using
Ubuntu, but once I distro-hopped, all was well)

Rumor is not used anymore in recent Frescobaldi versions.
And the question was not about MIDI input but about playing MIDI files.

I am using QSynth/Fluidsynth with Frescobaldi without problems on Linux Fedora.

You could try tweaking the several options Qsynth offers when clicking on Setup->Audio. (increase Buffer size, Buffer count, decrease Polyphony? Sample format and rate?)

--

MT