Re: problems with proportional spaced bar alignment

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: problems with proportional spaced bar alignment
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:49:08 -0006

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:
Please could someone tell me why the bar lines aren't aligned correctly in this? https://gist.github.com/aspiers/3a9fa8fc4422742cab82 I've tried all the obvious stuff from: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation Thanks! Adam _______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

Adam,

That looks very interesting! Nice coding, too!

When I printed the score out, I can see (when the paper is on-edge) what you are saying about things not being _precisely_ aligned, but you have to admit they're pretty close when you look at it normally. So, with the way you have made each line sequential, I'm not sure what the solution is. I think you are doing everything correctly.

Now, if you were to try grouping them _in parallel_, you may find a more satisfactory alignment since all the staves would be considered simultaneously rather than a line-by-line basis.

HTH,
Abraham