Re: Upbeat as full measure or not?

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Upbeat as full measure or not?
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:39:17 +0100

At 12:21 02/09/2014 +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
I wonder whether a "large" partial measure should be notated as a full measure (rest+upbeat) or a partial measure.
[...]
Or could anybody consult a copy of Gould or similar?

The one difficulty I have with Elaine Gould's otherwise splendid book is its index: it's often difficult to find things. I haven't found an answer so far; that doesn't mean it's not there. All I've found on the web is a reference to someone else's similar inability to locate this topic.

Brian Barker