Re: Fixed measure width for chord charts.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Fixed measure width for chord charts.
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 13:03:48 +0100

On Fri, 2014-08-29 at 12:20 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> The remaining outstanding difficulty is controlling the measure width
> -
> ideally all the bar lines would align vertically down the screen (the
> chord symbols would be made smaller if they didn't fit).
> I have set
>
> \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)
>
> which helps make the measures more even in width, but not entirely.

I have now discovered that there are several properties of ChordName
which trigger equal measure widths, for example

\override ChordName.extra-spacing-width=#'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)

in conjunction with

\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)

gives equally spaced measures, even if the chord symbols are too large
(they collide in that case).
Strangely, this

\override ChordName.Y-extent=##f

also triggers equal-width measures. Is using any of these effects
reliable, or am I just trading on some vagaries of the coding?

Richard