Re: Where is define-line-markup defined/documented?

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: Where is define-line-markup defined/documented?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:17:38 +0100

At 13:41 on 04 Sep 2014, Neil Puttock wrote:
>On 4 September 2014 13:18, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>wrote:
>
>> this illustrates the meaning, but doesn't hint at how to create a
>> variant of the procedure (in my case, make-small-markup is too
>> small).
>
>If I recall, it's a scheme macro which generates these.  It only works
>for existing markup commands; if you wanted to use this with your own
>command you'd first have to create it via define-markup-command.

Aha, I see it in scm/markup-macros.scm. And indeed this works:

\version "2.18.0"

#(define-markup-command (smallish layout props text) (markup?)
  "Not quite as small..."
  (interpret-markup layout props
    #{\markup \override #'(font-size . -0.5) { \normal-text #text }#}))

\markup \small "test"
\markup \smallish "test"
\header { title = #(make-smallish-markup "test") }

--
Mark Knoop