Cross-staff voice with modified context.

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Cross-staff voice with modified context.
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:36:04 -0400

Greetings All,

What is the best way of achieving a cross-staff voice where one of the
staves must be modified? I fear that I may be missing something very
fundamental. Please see the code below, and thank you for any help.

Hwaen Ch'uqi

\version "2.18.2"

\score{
  \new PianoStaff<<
    \new Staff = up {
      \key des \major \time 2/4 \clef treble \relative c'{
        <<
          {
            f4 es
          }
          \\
          {
            s2

    \new Staff = down \with{
      \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"
    }
    \key des \major \time 2/4 \clef bass \relative c'{
      \set Staff.connectArpeggios = ##t
      <<
        {
          aes,16 des \change Staff = up \voiceTwo f aes \change Staff =
MyCustomStaff \voiceOne aes, c \change Staff = up \voiceTwo ges' aes
        }
        \\
        {
          des,,2