Re: Score feedback request

From: Joram
Subject: Re: Score feedback request
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 22:37:40 -1000

Hi Aura,

my reply is not complete and mentions only a few things I noticed:

In general it looks good and looks like the output represents what you wanted (which is incredible to me if you can't see it).

The most visible issue is that the piano pedal marks are not only under the piano staff as usual (below the staff group) but also under the right hand of the piano staff (between the two piano staffs). This makes it unnecessarily crowded.

The same holds for dynamics which appear three times: once for the voice and two times for piano. While this makes sense from a logical point of view, it at least one time too much compared to all scores I know. I would put it either only between the piano staffs (and on the voice only if it differs) or once for the voice and once between the piano staffs.

The sections (A, B) are always marked twice: once correctly at the double bar line and once half a note before. The third double bar line has no such name - perhaps that is so by intention or it could be named C.

Cheers,
Joram