Re: Reduce vertical space between \score's?

From: PMA
Subject: Re: Reduce vertical space between \score's?
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 09:58:11 -0400

PMA wrote:
Abraham Lee wrote:
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Pete,

Trouble is, the vertical space between \score's is too big.
This was not so in the original version (2.12.3), but is
now after my upgrade to version 2.18.2.

Is it possible to reduce LP-1.18.2's default value for the
vertical space between \score blocks?

Have you thoroughly read
<http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables#list-of-flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables>

??

If so, what are your questions, specifically?

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

If the vertical spacing is really your question, then you'll find this
helpful (with the description in the link that Kieren provided.

Regards,
Abraham

Thanks Abraham & Kieren!

My issue was, How can I reduce the vertical space between the last
(actually the only) system of a \score and the top (only) system of
the next. After scrounging in paper-defaults-init.ly as suggested, I
found what I needed to tease: params for "score-markup-spacing".
Now my between-score spaces have the needed reduction!

For the record, extra fuss was forced by documentation var names
NOT matching those in paper-defaults-init.ly.

That latter lists: But the doc page lists:
between-system-spacing markup-system-spacing
between-scores-system-spacing* score-markup-spacing*
after-title-spacing score-system-spacing
before-title-spacing system-system-spacing
between-title-spacing markup-markup-spacing
top-system-spacing last-bottom-spacing
top-title-spacing top-system-spacing
bottom-system-spacing top-markup-spacing

* The Left var's param-set here turned out to work with the Right
varname. But I suspect this same-line matchup was due to luck.
Maybe those Right names -- improvements, I reckon -- could get
due mention in the init file.

Thanks again for steering me!
Pete

Uh-oh. No, the result is _no_ different. My eyes
must be tired. I'll experiment more tomorrow.

Hi Abraham & Kieren!

Editing an example to send you, and sniffing
more in the LP docs, I happened to trip over
" #(set-global-staff-size 20) ".

When I told my score to reduce that default
by 1, the vertical-space problem evaporated.

So my original question -- How reduce space
between same-page \score's? -- is moot, at
least for this time around.

Thanks, tho, for your responses.
Pete