Re: How to color a text spanner

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How to color a text spanner
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 22:17:17 +0200

Am 06.09.2014 um 21:52 schrieb David Nalesnik:

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Joram <address@hidden> wrote:

And I can add a question: What is the difference between DynamicLineSpanner and Hairpin?

A DynamicLineSpanner is a grob which groups hairpins and dynamic texts so they can be lined up.
Perhaps it would be helpful to add a clear indication (in the IR, or possibly in the NR?) stating that it doesn’t produce any visible output on its own, or to group grobs by those who print something and those who only collect and manage other grobs. I can imagine that this makes understanding easier. And yes, I know that the Internals Reference may not be modified as easily.

Yours,
Simon