Re: Add lyrics after n measures

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Add lyrics after n measures
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 12:30:30 -0600

On 14-09-08 11:49 AM, Simon Albrecht wrote:
The full function would then be:
%<-------------------------------------

lSkip =

#(define-music-function

(parser location skips)

(number?)

#{

\lyricmode {

" "

\repeat unfold $(- skips 1) { \skip 1 }

}

#})

%<-------------------------

For me, this doesn’t work though: the extender line is not finished by " " – no idea, why. For you it worked?
I attach my test file for checking.

There seems to be a difference coming from the way the lyrics are created. In your test file, you create the lyric text directly, and the function works when you take the space out between the double quotes.
In my case, I enter the lyrics in \lyricmode, in a variable, which I then call on the \new Lyrics line. *With* the quoted space, I get the expected result, as well as repeated errors:

warning: LyricText has empty extent and non-empty stencil.

Taking out the space clears the errors and gives me extenders ending where I want them.
That suggests that \lyricmode behaves differently when it is nested.
In any case, I've learned a tiny bit more of scheme, and moved my project forward. Many thqanks to you and Phil!

Cheers,
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.