Re: fonts.openlilylib.org is live!

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: fonts.openlilylib.org is live!
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:39:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Once I have more time I will definitely try the new fonts. It's an interesting project and addition to the power of LilyPond.

But I hope this will not change the goal of LilyPond development in the future from "How can we produce the best looking scores with as little tweaks as possible, using LilyPond's default fonts and typesetting engine" to "How can we make LilyPond's output look identical to Edition X (Henle, Peters, Schott, Boosey&Hawkes ...) or software XYZ (Finale, Sibelius, Score ...)

Wouldn't it be fun if Finale/Sibelius users or major publishers one day would start to ask: "How can we make our scores look like LilyPond scores?"

--

MT