Re: fonts.openlilylib.org is live!

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: fonts.openlilylib.org is live!
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:35:47 +0200

Am 11.09.2014 01:14, schrieb tisimst:
tisimst wrote
Thanks, Peter! I realized shortly after posting this that there are a
bunch of other things that I forgot to update a bunch of other things, so
I'm taking the page off for a day or so until I've had a chance to go
through everything. Sorry! Stay tuned!
Ok, I think I've got all the bugs worked out and everything corrected.
Thanks for everyone's patience while I put this together. It's a simple
website, but hopefully helpful. Enjoy the new music fonts! The site is now
live at  fonts.openlilylib.org <http://fonts.openlilylib.org/>  .

Again, if you find a broken link, or whatever, please let me know so that I
can correct it promptly! Thanks, in advance for your help and support!

Regards,
Abraham
.:| Leigh Verlag |:.

I have written a preliminary script that simplifies the "installation" of the fonts using symbolic links instead of copying the files, which makes it more straightforward to use them on parallel installations or to repeat the installations for newer LilyPond versions.

You can find it at
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/fonts

Currently it only works "for me", that is either with downloaded Linux versions and custom builds. The limitation is due to the different directory structures between systems. Mac support should be trivial, only slightly less trivial supporting versions from Linux package managers. I don't know about Windows and how to implement the same thing in Python there.

I'd be happy about improvements to make the script more widely usable.

Best
Urs