Re: Reducing the spacing between ChordNames systems

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Reducing the spacing between ChordNames systems
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:25:55 +0100

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 17:26 -0700, Paul Morris wrote:
> Well, make that:
>
> \paper {
>   system-system-spacing =
>     #'((basic-distance . 0)
>        (minimum-distance . 0)
>        (padding . 0))
> }

Thanks very much - this last code appears to be what is needed, indeed I
wonder now that I could have missed it (perhaps I tried it, but with
some typo - the error messages when you get this sort of thing wrong are
few and far between).
This works perfectly on my minimal example but throws up a strangeness
on a real-world example. With 10 systems I get two pages with a strange
gap beneath the titles.
However by putting

systems-per-page = #10

all is well.
I suspect a bug here, so I tried without success to pare this down to
find what is triggering this strange behavior, but FWIW I attach the
output and the source code - with that line commented out the ten
systems are placed on two pages with a large gap below the titles.
Perhaps someone will recognize the symptom of this large gap below the
titles and before the music?

Thanks for the help

Richard