pitched note annotation

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: pitched note annotation
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 22:19:23 +0200

Hi,

 I'd like to make a small annotation to a note specifying a sounding
pitch (in parentheses) for certain special playing techniques. To show
what I mean, the following snippet gives the desired result:

%<---------------------------------------------------------------------------
\version "2.19.5"

{ < g' >16 \sf \new CueVoice { \once \override ParenthesesItem.font-size = #4
  \once\override Stem.transparent = ##t
  \parenthesize f'4*0 _\markup { \fontsize #-4 "(Klang)" } } r8. }
%<---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the rather verbose code, sometimes (for reasons I don't yet
understand) the name of the instrument gets printed above the staff
and above the parenthesized note.

The parenthesized note should actually be treated in the same way as
e.g. a pitch indication for a pitched trill. So in general, a cuenote
is semantically not exactly, what is meant. It's more like an ugly
workaround.

Is there a better (canoncial) way to attach a parenthesized pitch
indicator to a note?

Yours,
Orm