Can NoteNames in higher octaves be changed?

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Can NoteNames in higher octaves be changed?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:27:13 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not top posting.

NoteNames will print the higher (and lower) octave names with
printOctaveNames set to true. It prints them as c', d', c, d, etc.

My question is: Is it possible to have the higher octaves print using a
different character, say C D E F etc rather than c', d', e', f'.

Here is a piece of code that I found that shows how it currently works:

\version "2.18.2"
scale = \relative c' {
  a4 b c d
  e4 f g,, a