Re: How do I define an Lilypond/Scheme alist as cons of two a lists?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: How do I define an Lilypond/Scheme alist as cons of two a lists?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:16:33 -0500

Jay,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Jay Vara <address@hidden> wrote:
David,

Sorry, I did not know that I was using the regression code.

No problem!  You will find some interesting stuff in the regression tests, though the focus is not on providing helpful code for users.  There are some bizarre examples designed to check that the program behaves in extreme cases (and fun to look at).

Do you know about the Lilypond Snippet Repository (LSR)?  This is where you'll find code designed to be helpful to users.  You can find it here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/index.html

A subset of the LSR is in the official documentation, but there are many more snippets.   Follow the link on the page referenced above.  (Hmm...not working for me.  I believe the address has changed slightly, but I can't recall how.)

This is my
first week with Lilypond. Hopefully, I will learn enough to produce some
nice music.

It sounds like you are already doing some fairly advanced stuff.  Welcome to the community!

Best,
David