Re: How do you tell Lilypond not to jump strings when sliding?

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Re: How do you tell Lilypond not to jump strings when sliding?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:53:45 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Burfitt <phil.burfitt <at> talktalk.net> writes:

> Jay,
>
> You'll need to indicate string numbers. They can be hidden with "\omit
> StringNumber" if you do not want the circled numbers to appear.
>
> Btw, guitar music is usually written an octave higher than it sounds.
You
> should use \clef "treble_8" in the \new Staff section.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Phil.

Phil,

Thanks.

I was hoping that there was a way to tell lilypond not to jump between
strings when sliding - that is logical and makes sense. You are saying
that I have to specify the StringNumber, which is what I wanted to avoid.
I think this situation does not make sense for such an advanced software
as lilypond.

Jay