Re: how to force extra accidental in this case

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: how to force extra accidental in this case
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:37:00 +0200

Dear community,
how can I force an extra accidental in the upper voice in the below quoted context?
I would like to do it in the defintion of the variable called accidentals.

\version "2.18.2"

Uppernotes = { \repeat "unfold" 8 { cis'8 } }

accidentals = { s2 s!4 s } % doesn't work

LowerMusic = { r2 c'!8 r r4 }

UpperMusic = { \context Voice << { \Uppernotes } {\accidentals } >> }

\score {

\new PianoStaff

<<

\new Staff \UpperMusic

\new Staff \LowerMusic

}

a spacer rest (s) cannot have an accidental
I don't understand what the variable accidentals is supposed to do