Re: "Merge" Multimeasure rests

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: "Merge" Multimeasure rests
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:47:08 +0200

No idea anybody?

Urs

Am 20.09.2014 15:22, schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi,

when writing parts with merged multimeasure rests like

{
  \compressFullBarRests
  R1*5
  R1*4
}

will result in _two_ compressed multimeasure rests with 5 and 4 bars respectively. I know this can be quite useful to structure rests, but in a project I'd like to have these to be merged to just one rest with 9 bars.
Actually the input will look like

{
  \compressFullBarRests
  R1*5
  \someCommand % returning an empty music _expression_
  R1*4
}

This is because the music is entered according to the line breaking of the original score, and during development this \someCommand will trigger an actual line break.

So is there a (known) way to merge consecutive multimeasure rests to one when compressing?

Thanks for any hint
Urs