Re: How to print measure position as each note prints

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: How to print measure position as each note prints
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I've found that you can either modify
things on the "input/pre-processing side" (writing a music function that
changes or adds things to the music that's been input before it is converted
into grobs), or on the "output/post-processing side" (overriding grobs to
change something about them).

I'm not sure but what you're trying to do might best be done on the input
side.  You can use \displayMusic to see what things look like at that point
and then write a "music function" to automatically add things or change
things.

Here's a snippet showing this technique:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=83

Once the the music has been processed into grobs, there's less you can do.
I think you can't really introduce any new grobs at that point, you can only
work with the grobs that are already there.  So if you want a ledger line to
be there but there's no grob there for it, you're out of luck.  That's why I
think you'll get further by working on the input side before the grobs have
been created.

Thanks for the pointer to the Scheme videos, BTW.  I wish I'd had them when
I was first learning Scheme!

Cheers,
-Paul