Re: Mapping custom drum notes to MIDI notes?

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Mapping custom drum notes to MIDI notes?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 03:50:49 +0200

That is not practical in my situation if I understand you correctly. I have a drumkit defined with at least 26 individual pieces in the manner written before. Some of them will share the same pitch and can have the same midi sound, but have different noteheads. But so far I’m getting only sound for the notes which are included in LilyPond by default (e.g. bassdrum, crashcymbala, etc.) whereas others (e.g. icebell, snarea, etc.) are displayed correctly, but don’t produce a MIDI note at all.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de

I'm not at a computer to see if this works, but could you, if there aren't too many instruments, do simultaneous voices with a midiInstrument set for each percussion instrument? It's certainly not an elegant nor robust of a solution, but it may get you what you want for now.

Regards,
Abraham

Sent from my iPhone