Re: lilypond-book: warning: cannot detect textwidth from LaTeX

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: lilypond-book: warning: cannot detect textwidth from LaTeX
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:49:51 +0200

Hi.

I can't say much about the xelatex issue (except that it actually
looks like issue 2471, as Julien wrote), because I can't reproduce it
on my machine (Mac OS 10.6.8).

However, you have a couple of problems with LilyPond and lilypond-book.

1. You got the following warning:
> lilypond-book: warning: ignoring unknown ly option: fontload
because you wrote in the file:
> \lilypondfile[indent=1\cm,fontload,ragged-right]{scores/Lesson_1.01.xml.ly}

The warning is correct: 'fontload' is not among the possible options
of lilypond-book's pseudo-commands and pseudo-environments, as you can
see in the usage manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/music-fragment-options

What were you trying to achieve with that option?

2. You got the following warning:
> advertencia: no existe la opciĆ³n interna line-width
because you invoked lilypond-book with the following command:
> lilypond-book --output=out --latex-program=xelatex --left-padding=0
> --process='lilypond --define-default=line-width=12\cm' solfeo.lytex
i.e. you told lilypond-book to invoke LilyPond with the following command:
   lilypond --define-default=line-width=12\cm

Also in this case the warning is correct: 'line-width' is not a
possible option of the lilypond program, as you can see in the usage
manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage

You probably wanted to specify the line width of the fragments,
because lilypond-book wasn't able to determine it from xelatex.
'line-width' is an option of lilypond-book's pseudo-commands and
pseudo-environments: you should specify it in the single LilyPond
fragments, e.g.

\lilypondfile[indent=1\cm,ragged-right,line-width=12\cm]{scores/Lesson_1.01.xml.ly}
See again the usage manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/music-fragment-options

If you explicitly specify the line-width in each fragment,
lilypond-book will still try to determine the line width automatically
(you'll still get all the xelatex warnings), but will use the
explicitly specified value (the warnings will have no effect on the
end result).

Best wishes.
Davide