Re: Generating symbols from strings

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Re: Generating symbols from strings
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:16:05 +0000 (UTC)

Paul

> Hi Jay, You don't need to use string->symbol to do this.
> #abc will return the value of abc (the string IamJustAText), just like
\abc
> does.

I should have made my question clearer. The string in string->symbol is a
generated string. I have changed the example program as below to make this
clearer.

\version "2.18.2"

abc = IamJustAText

xyz = #(string->symbol (string-append "ab" "c"))

#(format #t "1) abc ~a   xyz ~a ~%" abc xyz)

xyz = \abc

#(format #t "2) abc ~a   xyz ~a ~%" abc xyz)