Re: Line in lyrics to show half or full note

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Re: Line in lyrics to show half or full note
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 18:22:34 +0000 (UTC)

Trevor

> Doing this would not be standard notation, so
> LilyPond
> does not provide a straight-forward way to achieve
> it.

Yeah, I understand this is not standard notation. I am trying to match up
two different notation systems. In some of the Canarese songs that I am
working with, it is traditional to draw the line in the lyric to indicate
its extent. I suppose that I could convince the traditionalists to get
used to a different convention. It would be nice if I could somehow do it.
There is also another need - to be able to draw single or double lines
underneath notes to indicate 8th or 16th notes - should extend similar to
beams.

Best
Jay