Re: remove first empty staff and ambitus

From: Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: Re: remove first empty staff and ambitus
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 16:14:27 +0200

Hi Knute,

Am 3.10.2014 um 17:21 schrieb Knute Snortum <address@hidden>:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  For example, why not one Staff and Voice?
I try to do the following: I have five voices (v1 - v5) and want to have ambitus (:) at their first appearance. It should look like this:

———8<—SCHNIPP——————————

Titel etc.

v1:—————————————

v2:—————————————
v3:—————————————
v4:—————————————
v5:—————————————

v1—————————————

Right now LilyPond is doing exactly what you told it to do: be silent in the first voice for five measures.

that is true, only that I thought to have asked lilypond to hide/remove the lines (including the first lines) of voices, that are silent.

My aim is now, to keep everything like in my not-so-tiny example but have the empty first staff of the silent voice not printed. Am I missing something simple? Is there a way?

Thanks to much.

Kai