Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:54:25 +0200

Am 04.10.2014 20:40, schrieb Son_V:
Sorry, I can't understand; with MuseScore I see the bar numbers as "correct",
as far I can understand. The first beat, that have just one note, is not
numbered, but the following one is labelled by the number "2". I thought
that this was correct. In Lilypond, the bar numbers are all a -1 in respect
to the MuseScore output. Maybe it's not correct, in terms of bar numbering
rules? I don't know and I'm too tiry to search in Behind bars.
Thanks.

Then it seems Musescore is doing it the wrong way (or there is some setting you'd have to do.

If a piece starts with an incomplete measure this measure doesn't have a number, and the one starting after the first barline is measure 1.

Urs