Re: Merge Rests Engraver

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Merge Rests Engraver
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 15:30:12 +0200

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Peter Crighton
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I found that dotted rests don’t behave quite satisfyingly with this code –
> there are two dots appearing.
> How can this be fixed?

I've noticed this as well. At some point there was an enhancement to
lilypond for better dot placement that caused this. One option is to
use \override Dots #'stencil = ##f in one of the voices. Not great. Or
use the other solution (http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336). My
main complaint with it is that it doesn't handle multi-measure rests
(and at times in the past it caused segfaults--I'm not sure if this is
still true).

Thanks, I now use the LSR snippet for normal rests and your engraver only for multi-measure rests. That seems to work beautifully.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de