Re: Supporting ♯ and ♭

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Supporting ♯ and ♭
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 23:56:10 +0200

> On 6 Oct 2014, at 15:49, MarcM <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> In an effort to make lilypond syntax easier for people to adopt, i'd love to
> see lilypond support the ♯ and ♭alterations Unicode symbols.
>
> I know using '#' would not work due to conflict with scheme but what about
> using the Unicode symbols?

It works, in fact I have already done that [1] (after downloading the files,
change the names to what is listed on the page), but it has not been integrated
into LilyPond.

LilyPond does not have operators: ♯ and ♭ are a part of note names. When having
microtonal accidentals, there becomes too may names to write them all out. But
it is possible to add more languages, would LilyPond get that.

1. http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2011-11/msg00420.html