Re: How to write Non sequential repeat alternatives

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: How to write Non sequential repeat alternatives
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 05:21:29 +0000 (UTC)

MarcM <marc <at> mouries.net> writes:

> I found the \set Score.repeatCommands and I am getting close but the
repeat
> bars are not added at the right place.

If I understand your comment,
 It is played as: A , A1, A , A2, A , A3, A , A4, A , A5/End
where endings 1 and 3 are the same and you don't want to retype the notes,
then the repeats go all the way back to the start of the 'A' part,
and you can use the usual \repeat \alternative input, and change
just the labels on the voltas

\score { \relative c'' {
  \time 6/8
  \partial 8 a16 b
  \repeat volta 5 {
    c 4   c8       c   d   e
    d 8   b  g     g   a   b
  } \alternative {
    {
      \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1,3") )
      c 8   a  a     a   b   c
      b 8   e, e     e4      a16 b
    } {
      \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "2") end-repeat)
      c 8   b  a     b4      g8
      a4       a8    a4      a16 b
    } {
      c8    b  a     b4       g8