Re: Contemporary Music Notation

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Contemporary Music Notation
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 22:18:16 +0200

Am 08.10.2014 22:11, schrieb Marco Bagolin:
Hello all,
I'm new Lilypond user and I am interested in Contemporary Music Notation.

I read all 2.8 Contemporary music manual section:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/contemporary-music
but lot of the chapters are empty and most of links are inactive.

Yes, this is a pity.

Please how can I learn to use Lilypond for write music using Contemporary Music Notation?

I think the best way would be to come up with examples (how should we know what you are interested in specifically?) and ask on this list.
If you're not overdoing it (i.e. asking too many questions at a time) you will probably get solutions, advice, but also an impression about the (current) limitations.

Please don't be disappointed if it seems daunting at first. Even if it is not always straightforward to get it right LilyPond definitely is a good tool for doing non-standard notation too.

If you are seriously interested in the topic and stick to it for a while we could also try to use your learning experience to provide more documentation (be it in the manual or in other places). The issue with these empty chapters seems to be that there is no clear concept about what "contemporary notation" actually is.  If I have a topic such as time administration it is quite clear what has to be covered ...

Best wishes
Urs

Thank you in advance for all your answer and help.

Regards
Marco Bagolin