Re: How to write Non sequential repeat alternatives

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: How to write Non sequential repeat alternatives
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 03:21:41 +0000 (UTC)

MarcM <marc <at> mouries.net> writes:

> When i run your code i get this message: "warning: already have a volta
> spanner, ending that one prematurely"

Oh, so that's why you had the explicit (volta #f) in your version.
If I see a warning, but the output is good, I consider myself warned
and happy, but I should have kept your good idea to avoid the warning

\score { \relative c'' {
  \time 6/8
  \partial 8 a16 b
  \repeat volta 5 {
    c 4   c8       c   d   e
    d 8   b  g     g   a   b
  } \alternative {
    {
      \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1,3") )
      c 8   a  a     a   b   c
      b 8   e, e     e4      a16 b
    } {
      \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f)(volta "2") end-repeat)
      c 8   b  a     b4      g8
      a4       a8    a4      a16 b
    } {
      c8    b  a     b4       g8