Automatic multimeasure spacer rests?

From: ViniWolfling
Subject: Automatic multimeasure spacer rests?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I was playing with spacer rests for a multi-part, partially-blank score, and
it occurred to me to put them in every unfinished staff until the empty
measures “catch up” with the one staff that is already finished. Like this:

• Shinobue (Japanese flute) part consists of 30 measures, for the time
being.
• Shime-, Kumi- and Oo-daiko parts (all Japanese drums) are either mostly or
completely empty.

I'd like to save a pdf with all the still-unwritten drum measures as blanks,
so that I can doodle on them on an iPad or any other tablet, or even paper
(not the most eco-friendly solution, so nope). This is pretty easy since I
know the number of measures I've already written, but updating the remaining
number in the s1*XX statement all the time is very annoying. Especially when
I forget to, upon adding music, which makes the spacer rests overflow the
end of the score.

Now on to the point: is there a way to ask Lilypond itself to kindly
calculate the remaining measures and decide how many whole spacer rests to
put in each distinct staff?

I think what I'm trying to say here is... Is there a way to say “Hey
Lilypond, no matter how many measures have already been written on the
shime-daiko staff, whether 0 or 29, you just make sure to put spacer rests
up until there are 30 measures”? Then I can change that number much less
often than every time I run the typesetting command for every single new
measure.

Or is this just plain lazy of me to even think of such a feature? :(

Thanks in advance for all the support. I sometimes come here just to read
the topics, and solutions posted here often inspire me. <3