Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:25:02 -0006

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Abraham Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, When I use the LilyJAZZ fonts and style, the ' is missing in titles and texts. I don't mind if not every exotic unicode character in the world is supported in every font, but in this case it's difficult to find Jazz titles and lyrics, most of them in English, that don't use the ' "You can't take that away from me" And even that title doesn't work :-)
--
MT

Martin,

Are using the LilyJAZZ text font that I've bundled? Because it definitely has the apostrophe (') and quotation mark ("). It doesn't (yet), however, have the angled single (‘ ’) and double quotation marks (“ ”), but I can add those today if that's what you are needing.

Regards,
Abraham

Martin,

Actually, I take that back. I checked the font file and I found that all of the above marks are available in the current LilyJAZZ Text font. I've attached a sample as proof. Let me know what you find out.

\version "2.18.2"
\include "LilyJAZZ.ily"

\markup { "\"You can't take that away from me\"" }
\markup { ‘Single quoted’ }
\markup { “Double quoted” }

Regards,
Abraham