Re: Trouble with fonts on Linux

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Trouble with fonts on Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:44:38 -0006

Jon,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Jon Arnold <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi- I'm working on a piece for handbells and needed to borrow some articulation marks from (gasp) a Finale font.

That's nothing to be (too) ashamed of :)

I have the font in my ~/.fonts directory, have refreshed my cache, and can
use it in other programs (LibreOffice, etc.). The font also shows up with "lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x" I am trying to call it in this way: gyro = \markup { \fontsize #4 \override #'(font-name . "Finale Percussion") { ! } } This works on Windows, but does not seem to work on Linux despite the font showing up with the above command.

Interesting... That is strange that a word-processing program works fine without doing anything, but not LP. I think the problem is the binary format of some Finale font files. When I converted it to a generic .OTF file, it worked for me. Do you have the capability to do this?

Regards,
Abraham