A sign I can't understand ...

From: Son_V
Subject: A sign I can't understand ...
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:19:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all and excuse me; I found this symbol, parenthesis before and after a
note added to a 2/4 beat: here it is;

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167597/Strange_sign.jpg>

that should be a note inserted when singing for the second time the beat.
How can I insert in in the score? How can it be called? I posted some days
ago the request for a "visual" dictionary for musical notation; That could
have helped me. Maybe I'll try to make a first edition of it.
Thanks.