Re: Centering text in a TextSpanner or OttavaSpanner (or ...?)

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Centering text in a TextSpanner or OttavaSpanner (or ...?)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:48:16 -0500

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:11 AM, Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello David,

Thanks a lot for this solution: it works for me since I have only one bar to span over, with LP 2.18.2 by the way.

Turns out it wasn't too hard to get the ability to span multiple bars.

I kept the same stencil function, but I wrote a new engraver based on the regression test scheme-text-spanner.ly.

I didn't create a new grob; so you'll need to get used to the idea of using overrides of MeasureCounter properties and \startMeasureCount, \stopMeasureCount.  An actual grob could come later.

The way of changing the text could be made a lot more convenient, of course.

Anyway, it's more of a proof-of-concept.

Let me know if you run into any problems with it.

Enjoy!
David