Re: suppressing header info in bookparts

From: Flaming Hakama by Elaine
Subject: Re: suppressing header info in bookparts
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:02:35 -0700

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Flaming Hakama,

I did this with a small piece of Scheme.

%% Bookpart first page and last page predicates
#(define (not-part-first-page layout props arg)
   (if (= (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1)
          (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'first-page-number))
       empty-stencil
       (interpret-markup layout props arg)))

\paper {
    print-page-number = ##t
    print-first-page-number = ##f
    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup {
        \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
        \fill-line {
            \on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:poet
            \line {
                \titleLeft
                \titleKern
                \emDash
                \pageNumberKern
                \lower #0.55 \fontsize #6 \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
                \pageNumberKern
                \emDash
                \titleKern
                \titleRight
            }
            \on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:composer
    evenHeaderMarkup = \oddHeaderMarkup
    oddFooterMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:copyright } }
    evenFooterMarkup = \oddFooterMarkup
}

Regards Helge

Helge,

Thanks for this scheme approach.
After hunting around to figure out how it works a bit (like to understand chain-assoc-get),
this seems similar to what's in share/lilypond/current/scm/titling.scm
Always good to learn new things.

On the other hand, I realized that what I want in the running headers is pretty static,
so I can use regular variables for those.

And then I found in the normal documentation the way to suppress printing of the normal header fields:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers

    \bookpart {
        \header {
            title = ##f
            piece = \markup { \fontsize #4 "Doha - Chaubola - Daud" }
            composer = ##f
            arranger = ##f

This brings me to two font questions:

1) Modify the base font size
I chose a (roman) font I like, but overall it is too small, everywhere it is used.
Is there a way to pump up the size everywhere, globally, and keep any existing relative proportions intact?

2) Modify the size of header fields.
For example, I would like the 'piece' field to be a larger font.
In the above example, I accomplish this on a one-time basis.
Is there a way to modify the definition so that all 'piece' headers use such a custom font/size?

Thanks,

David Elaine Alt