Re: Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and LilyPond compatibility?

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and LilyPond compatibility?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:34:35 +0200

> Anyone happen to know if there are any compatibility problems with LilyPond
> or Frescobaldi on the new Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)?

Speaking of Frescobaldi, if you installed it with MacPorts, I advise
you to wait some time before upgrading: the buildbot for Yosemite has
not been set up yet, so in the meanwhile all ports are built from
source and this takes a lot of hours (in my experience about 6-7, half
of them for Qt4).
Anyway, if you use MacPorts, when you upgrade your OS you should
follow the migration instructions:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

The experimental standalone application should work, but I can't test
since I don't own a Yosemite-capable machine.

I cannot speak for Homebrew since I don't use it.

> I have no reason to expect that there would be, but it would be nice to know
> before upgrading.

I also have no reason to expect problems with either Frescobaldi or
LilyPond, but I have no way to test, as I said.

Best wishes.
Davide