Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feedback Request for Music Fonts
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:03:17 +0200

Am 21.10.2014 12:59, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hi Urs,

That's an excellent complement to your already impressive collection of fonts.
I can't stress enough how this should be able to increase LilyPond's acceptance
on the long run!
+1 x 2

BTW: I don’t think I saw a response from you about Abraham’s Henle example
(http://fonts.openlilylib.org/beethoven/Beethoven_Op10No3.pdf).

This can very well be because there just has been to much stuff recently, and I didn't have an opportunity to make a decent printout ...

What did you think??

Now I *did* two printouts, one scaled to have proportional page margins and one with original size and cropped margins on A4 paper. What I *don't* have available is the original score (and I don't want to use a scan from IMSLP or something like that).

So under this circumstances it looks very convincing, even more with each time I look again. Maybe the dynamics look slightly thin, but again, I didn't compare to the original. What I would like to see now is how arbitrary music looks typeset that way. I think I'll try to find the time (haha) to enter a few style studies after Schumann's Carnaval that I have from my time of studies. Probably they will look even more convincing now ;-)

Best
Urs

Best,
Kieren.