Re: Frescobaldi custom script

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi custom script
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:41:08 +0200

On 2014-10-24 15:01, Noeck wrote:
Hi,

I have a question concerning Frescobaldi: Is it possible to run a custom
script (bash/python) from Frescobaldi.

This would be my use case:
I have a script that runs lilypond and then timidity and other tools to
get ogg rehearsal files which are then packed in zip files.
If I could run it from within Frescobaldi that would be cool.

If I had a button or menu entry in Frescobaldi that runs it, and
displays the output in the protocol area and the progress with the
progress bar, that would be even better.

Does anyone know if something like this is possible?

Cheers,
Joram

Hi Joram,

you can run a python script as a Snippet (Tools -> Snippets). If it's possible to implement in detail is hard for me to say (without seeing your code), but I think that is what you could try if you want to do it within Frescobaldi.

Best
Peter