Re: Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and LilyPond compatibility?

From: Gabriel Striewe
Subject: Re: Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and LilyPond compatibility?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:11:30 +0200

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:20:38AM +0200, Gabriel Striewe wrote:
> > You may have to update to Command Line Tools (OS X 10.10) [1].
> >
> > 1. https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=for%20Xcode%20-
> >
> Unfortunately, that was not the reason; the Command Line Tools are up to
> date.
>
> I am having a discussion on the homebrew mailing list just now...

Please have a look at this issue:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/33523

Lilypond-2.18.2 is not installing properly under homebrew.

One to the troubles seems to be that guile18 is not working fully
functionally under homebrew. It seems to install properly, but when
invoked from the command line, it puts out errors:

MacAir:~ gabriel$ guile
ERROR: Unbound variable: define
MacAir:~ gabriel$ guile-config
ERROR: Unbound variable: define
MacAir:~ gabriel$

I tried to compile lilypond by hand, but it hangs in the configure
script saying:

checking for guile-config...

Another troubles seems to be that the lilypond configure script is
looking for an older fontconfig:

ERROR: Please install required programs: /usr/local/bin/fontforge >=
20110222 (installed: 6ffb25d7732adcc8d32dae75bd90bda90250304)

So Mac Os X Yosemite 10.10 with updated Xcode and Command Line Tools
(6.1) is without lilypond for the moment!

Gabriel