Beaming until barline

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Beaming until barline
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:01:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LilyPonders,

I am currently engraving some older compositions of mine with LilyPond
(previously I used Sibelius), and I came across a problem I couldn't solve
on my own. I have this composition for organ which uses something called
"continuation bar", which basically means that all pitches connected to this
bar will be held down until the bar stops (creating a cluster in the
meantime). If the notes have diamond noteheads and an "X" in their stem,
they are supposed to be released from the cluster at that specific point.
This is a very untraditional notation, but I am certainly not the first one
to use it. Here is an excerpt of the original score:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167937/goal.png>

In LilyPond, I could reproduce it quite well (actually, it looks wonderfully
well when compared to that horrible notation of Sibelius), but I just can't
make the continuation bar to last exactly until the barline (it is a little
shorter). See:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167937/attempt.png>

The way I am notating this is as follow: the half-notes (both with regular
and diamond noteheads) belong to voice one, while voice two contains eighth
notes and invisible rests. These eighth notes are responsible for the extra
stems and beam. I use a function to have the stems centralized below the
noteheads, and a little variable to add the "X" to the stems when necessary.

This is the code for this bar:  Cycles.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167937/Cycles.ly>

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to extend the beam exactly until
the barline?

Thanks a lot!
Gilberto