Re: Frescobaldi custom script

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi custom script
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:14:42 +0100

See https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/512

Am 26. Oktober 2014 18:28:01 MEZ, schrieb Joram <address@hidden>:

However I think that having the possibility to define custom compilers
would be very useful.

Sorry if I’m wrong, but can’t you type anything you like into
Frescobaldi’s Engrave (Custom) command line window? Something like:

python ~/scripts/myLilypondScript.py $filename

...should run the script and pass it the filename, however that works in Python.

Yes, that’s what I tried yesterday, too. And it works. This is actually
pretty close to what I want. It also puts the output in the output
window, very nicely.

The only thing is: I can’t have such an entry in the menu in addition to
the custom engraving item and (more important) it is reverted once I
restart Frescobaldi, so I have to enter the command again.

The suggestion with the snippets works. There is no standard output
within Frescobaldi, though.

I can live with the second solution, but having a persistent additional
custom compile would be even better – perhaps with a dropdown version of
the compile button from which different compiles can be chosen.

------------

To explain my use case a bit more: My purpose is to provide a single
file, a list of files or (main usage) a file containing a list of all
files for a project. The script then produces pdf midi output, the
latter for each voice separately. The midi output is converted to mp3 or
ogg. These scores and audio files are zipped and prepared for uploading
on the choir web page and the html snippet is prepared.

In my opinion, this is a nice example how LilyPond is suitable for an
integrated workflow and cooperation of different tools. Once this is
more mature it might also be interesting for a post on the lilypondblog.

Cheers,
Joram

lilypond-user mailing list