AW: To many colliding ...

From: Dr. Bernhard Kleine
Subject: AW: To many colliding ...
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:05:21 +0100

- -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Trevor Daniels [mailto:address@hidden
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2014 10:24
An: Dr. Bernhard Kleine; address@hidden
Betreff: Re: To many colliding ...

Dr. Bernhard Kleine wrote Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:15 AM

> I get this warning:
>
> c:/users/bk/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-d7v7tg/tmp6zpsvg/Messe in
> C_Gloria.ly:118:65:
> Warnung: zu viele kollidierende Notenspalten werden ignoriert
> c,4 ( \stemDown g' e c |f) < b cis, >^. < a d, >^. d,4\rest |
> a'1~ | a4 g a a^> | s1
>
> How to avoid it?

First, always post a compilable snippet - one that a potential adviser can
simply cut and past to generate the error.  This has simply been cut from a
larger score and doesn't compile by itself.

Second, after adding the missing \relative to make a single music expression,
the expression compiles without error, so as well as making sure the snippet
compiles, make sure it actually shows the error you're experiencing.  Otherwise
you're likely to get even more scathing comments than this one.

Third, read and digest at least the first three chapters of the Learning Manual
before asking a question.

Trevor

__
I have added a file which shows the warning. It compiles but I would like to
know about the warning.

Bernhard