Re: Big Music Font Update

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Big Music Font Update
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 23:50:14 +0100

Il giorno mar 28 ott 2014 alle 23:29, tisimst <address@hidden> ha scritto:
You need to do two things:

1. Install the fonts in the correct LILYPOND font directory (NOT the system font directory)--see my instructions on the main page at fonts.openlilylib.org.

Which is the lilypond font directory?
I though that LilyPond could use any font found by 'lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x'. haydn is listed by this command.

2. Use the following (minimal) syntax, for example, in your .ly file:

#(set-global-staff-size 16)  % this MUST come PRIOR to defining the fonts

This information is not present in the website, at least in the haydn page.

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (set-global-fonts
    #:music "haydn"
    #:brace "haydn"
    #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
    ))
}

Can you attach a minimal file that works for you?
But probably my problem is with font detection...

I thought I made that pretty clear on the website, but perhaps I did not. I do make mistakes like that.

A simple example file to test would help a lot. So people know that if it's failing they know that they must tweak their settings and not the input file.

Thanks
Federico